We are surrounded every day but hundreds and thousands of toxins just floating around, let alone in the foods we eat or drink. The sheer number of toxins in our environment can be alarming and we are exposed to more chemicals, pesticides and pollutants than ever before in history. And because of this, our filtering organs run in overdrive: liver, kidneys, lymphatic system. So why not help them out a bit with products specifically designed to absorb the garbage?
Filter Out the Junk – Both Body and Soul
I was walking through the pet store the other day getting some treats for my two fur babies when I walked through the aisle with the fish tanks and saw a sign for charcoal filters and how it’s the best to keep the tank clean and fresh… and it got me thinking more about my current spring cleaning mindset.
I have done a lot of physically internal and mindful spring cleaning in this last month but now maybe it’s time to take care of the outside again. Our skin is our biggest organ and what we put on it gets absorbed into our bodies. That’s one of the biggest reasons I started Naples Soap Company: for better skin care the natural way.
Charcoals are used in filters because they do just that… they filter the junk out of the tanks. If a fish or turtle tank filter can draw out the toxins, chemicals and dirt out of the water my thoughts started to amplify at just what our charcoal products can do for our bodies!
We are surrounded every day but hundreds and thousands of toxins just floating around, let alone in the foods we eat or drink. The sheer number of toxins in our environment can be alarming and we are exposed to more chemicals, pesticides and pollutants than ever before in history. And because of this, our filtering organs run in overdrive: liver, kidneys, lymphatic system. Sometimes those filtering organs can’t seem to do their jobs as well as they should because they are in overdrive. So why not help them out a bit with products specifically designed to absorb the garbage. Charcoal has even been a medicinal go-to for thousands of years and in today’s medicine is used to help treat poisoning and overdoses.
If you think about it; we get the oil changed in our cars every few thousand miles to keep the car running smoothly; we goto the dentist every six months to make sure our teeth stay properly cleaned; so the thought of utilizing activated charcoal in our wellness products to help along those lines is pretty appealing.
I have started using my charcoal and sandalwood soaps again and in addition to the soap smelling absolutely blissful, my skin felt so fresh just after the first usage. The shea butter and olive oil kept my skin hydrated while at the same time the antioxidants in the soap helped my skin feel firmer and even lighter if you can imagine. If I had to narrow down the description I felt “healthy clean”.
I believe the top five benefits of charcoal infused body soaps are:
- Charcoal soaps help to absorb the excess oil on your skin in essence helping to balance the hydration. This can be extremely helpful if you have any acne issues or in the dog days of summer when it’s all about oily skin. The first time I used the charcoal soaps my skin felt as soft as a babies bottom.
- Charcoal soaps help to draw out those crazy impurities that get absorbed into our skin. Remember, our skin is our biggest organ and those impurities can also come from the inside out.
- I also used our charcoal mask and I’m not kidding when I said the size of my pores were almost null and void. Any skin impurities that were building up were also drawn up, up and away when I rinsed it off.
- I also felt like I had an instant face lift my skin felt so firm. And that’s another benefit. Getting older and looking older are two different points of view and some research has shown that charcoal infused soaps can slow the aging process - along with a healthy diet and lifestyle of course.
- Charcoal infused soaps can help treat skin conditions like psoriasis, eczema and even dandruff. I have openly talked about how I had personally suffered from eczema and that is one of the primary reasons I started Naples Soap Company because I knew that the combination of natural and organic products could help my personal story in epic ways… and it has.
Charcoal has been proven to do no harm to humans but as we are all individuals it is always best to see how your body reacts over time.